Infosys Prize 2012 awarded to Dr.Ajayaghosh
Infosys Prize 2012 awarded to Dr.Ajayaghosh for his outstanding contribution in the field of Physical Sciences...more..
CSIR celebrating 70th year of its Foundation…
CSIR celebrating 70th year of its Foundation. Excerpts from PM's and S&T Minister's speech...more..
Lessons from India’s Innovation System – The new rising stars
Trivandrum's National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST), part of the CSIR network, publishes the highest proportion of world-class papers...more..
Winning NIIST bioprocess for white pepper production
Scientists of NIIST have invented and patented a simpler, more cost-effective and pollution-free microbial technology that ensures...more..
Design and synthesis of photoactive molecules
Organized assembly of molecules through non-covalent interactions is a powerful tool for generating defined molecular architectures.more..
- Positions Held
- 1981 – 1984 : Post-Doctoral Fellow, Max-Planck Institut für Strahlenchemie, Mülheim a.d. Ruhr, Germany.
- 1984 – 1985 : Post-Doctoral Fellow, Radiation Laboratory, University of Notre Dame, Indiana, USA.
- 1985 – 1988 : Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Houston, Texas, USA.
- 1988 – 1989 : Visiting Fellow, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bombay, India.
- 1989 – 2007 : Head, Photosciences and Photonics Section (Formerly Photochemistry Research Unit) National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (CSIR), Trivandrum, India.
- 2004 onwards: Head, Chemical Sciences and Technology Division, National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (CSIR), Trivandrum, India.
- 1998 – 1999 : Visiting Scientist, Radiation Laboratory, University of Notre Dame, USA.
- 1999 & 2000 : Visiting scientist, Max Planck Institut fuer Biophysikalische Chemie, Gottingen, Germany.
- 2003 – 2007 : Visiting scientist, at NIAIST, Tsukuba, Japan.