Dr. A. Ajayaghosh
Email : director[at]niist.res.in, ajayaghosh[at]niist.res.in, ajayaghosh62[at]gmail.com
Telephone : +91-471 – 2515226/ 2490324 Fax : +91-471 – 2491712 / 2491585
Prizes, Honours & Awards
- 1988, Young Scientist Award (Indian Science Congress Association, India).
- 1988, Citation and cash award of the Syndicate of Calicut University, Kerala, India for outstanding research contributions during 1994-98.
- 1991, INSA Young Scientist Medal (Indian National Science Academy).
- 1994, Alexander von Humboldt Fellow at the Max-Planck-Institut für Strahlenchemie, Germany, 1994-1995.
- 2001, Swarnajayanti Research Grant, for outstanding Young Researchers, DST, Govt. India.
- 2002, CRSI Medal, (Chemical Research Society of India).
- 2004, Adjunct Professor, Material Science Programme, IIT, Kanpur.
- 2007, International Editorial Advisory Board Member, Chemistry- An Asian Journal
- 2007, MRSI Medal (Material Research Society of India).
- 2007, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize in Chemical Sciences
- 2007, Editorial Board Member, J. Chem. Sci. (Indian Academy of Science).
- 2008, International Editorial Advisory Board Member, ACS, Applied Materials & Interface.
- 2009, DAE-SRC Outstanding Research Award by Dept. Atomic Energy, Govt. India
- 2009, Thomson Reuters Research Excellence-India Research Front Award
- 2012, The Infosys Prize for Physical Sciences by Infosys Science Foundation
- 2012, Khwarizmi International Award by Iranian Organisation for Science and Technology
- 2012, Swadeshi Innovation Award by the Swadeshi Science Movement, Kerala
- 2013, CRSI Silver Medal
- 2013, The World Academy of Sciences Prize (TWAS)
- 2014, Award for Excellence in Science and Technology by Indian Society of Analytical Sciences
- 2015, CHEMTECH CEW Award 2015 for Leadership and Excellence in Research and Development by CHEMTECH
- 2015, J. C. Bose National Fellowship by DST, Govt. India
- Certificate of Merit (1987) from the Indian Chemical Society for the best paper presentation,at the Convention of Chemists, 1987
- Special Award and Citation (1988) of the Syndicate of Calicut University, Kerala, India for outstanding research contributions during 1985-1988
- Member, Board of Post-Graduate Studies in Chemistry (2001-2003), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, India
- Swarnajayanti Research Grant (2001), Special research grant to outstanding young researchers by DST, Govt. India
- Editorial board member, Resonance, 2003
- Adjunct Professor, Material Science Programme, IIT, Kanpur
- International Editorial Advisory Board Member, Chemistry- An Asian Journal
- Editorial Board Member, J. Chem. Sci. (Indian Academy of Science)
- Member, Research Council, North East Institute of Science and Technology, CSIR, Jorhat (2008-2010)
- International Editorial Advisory Board Member, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
- Member, Research Council, NCL, Pune
- Core selection committee member, RAB, CSIR
- Chairman, Board of Studies in Nanoscience and Technology, Univ. Kerala
- Member, Board of Studies, Chemistry, CUSAT, Kerala
- Dean, Chemical Sciences, Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), New Delhi)
- Associate Editor, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Editorial Advisory Board Member, RSC Advances, Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Chair on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology,Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala.
- A. V. Rama Rao Foundation Award Lecture,JNCASR, Bangalore
- R. A. Mashelkar Endowment(2012), NCL Pune
- Prof. K. K. M. Yusuff Endowment(2013), Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala
- CHEMCON distinguished speaker award(2016), CHEMCON, India
- ISCB-2017 Award(2017), Indian Society of Chemists and Biologists
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore (2006)
- Fellow, National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad, India (2011)
- Fellow, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi (2012)
- Hon. Fellow, The Kerala Academy of Sciences, Kerala (2013)
- Fellow, Royal Society of Chemistry, London (2014)
- Fellow, The world Academy of Science (2015)
- INSA-JSPS Exchange Fellow (1993), Chiba University, Japan during Aug.1993 Dec.1993.
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellow (1994), Max-Planck-Institut für Strahlenchemie, Germany,1994-1996.
- DST-DAAD Exchange Fellow (2001), University of Regensburg, Germany.
- INSA-JSPS Exchange Fellow (2003), AIST Tsukuba, Japan during July-Sept.2003.
- Ramanna Fellow, DST (2007)
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Life member, Chemical Research Society of India
- Life member, Materials Research Society of India
- Life member, Society for Polymer Science, India
- President, Society for Polymer Science, India Trivandrum Chapter
- Vice-President, Society for Polymer Science, India