Video showing DSIR-NIIST-CRTDH Success Story, CSIR, India
- 500 kg/day capacity NIIST compact food waste biogas plant installed at Trivandrum International Airport
- A pilot plant for treating 2000 liters of grey water from NIIST canteen was installed.
- Pilot plant unit (670 kg/batch) for demonstrating perchlorate contaminated soil remediation was set up.
- Biodrying process for treatment of mixed unsorted Municipal Solid Waste was optimized.
- Design of odour control system for shrimp feed factory in Gujarat.
- NABL accredited laboratory (vide certificate no. TC-8086) has been set up for the analysis of Water, Waste water, Dioxins, Furans and Poly Chlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs).
- NABET Accredited EIA Consultant Organization in Mining of Minerals (Category-A) and in Ports & Harbours, Break waters and dredging
- Determination of emission factors of dioxins from open burning of municipal solid wastes in Kerala was carried out.
- Ambient air sampling and residual ash sampling were carried out during the fire broke out at solid waste dump yard of Waste Treatment Plant, Brahmapuram, Kochi
- Assessment of Biodegradability of alternative to single use plastic items.
- A comprehensive three day workshop “DIOXIN India 2019” on “Advanced training in sampling, sample preparation and quantification of dioxins and PCBs” was conducted.
- Skill development courses on (1) Design, operation and trouble shooting of Anaerobic reactors (2) Remote sensing and GIS application in EIA & Management (3) Application of Artificial intelligence in environmental and process engineering.
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) studies carried out for mining beach sand minerals in various Mine leases of Kerala Minerals & Metals and for Indian Rare Earths Ltd blocks II and IIEE by Indian Rare Earths (I) Ltd, Kollam, Kerala.
- Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) and Hazard Operability Study (HAZOP) for Isolated Storage & Handling of hazardous chemical units.
- Assessment of ecological damage, remediation plan and Natural and community resource augmentation plan (NCRAP) studies for regularization of projects running under the violation category