HLL Lifecare Ltd (Trivandrum, Kerala, India) – Scientist-E2 – Jun’12- Jun’18 (6 years)
- Herbal based product development in health care segment (particularly for reproductive health)
- Development of herbal based commercial products (e.g. Uterine tonic, Stretch mark cream etc.,)
- Development an herbal based condom for erectile dysfunction, product for PCOS, etc.
- Succeeded to receive three research grants from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) (Total of Rs. 7.8 crore) as Co.P.I.
- Developed a herbal based product for Bacterial vaginosis in collaboration with an eminent Scientist G.P. Talwar, Talwar Research Foundation, New Delhi
Sanmar Specialty Chemicals Ltd (Hosur, Tamilnadu, India) – Joint Manager – Aug’09- June’12 (3 years)
- Biotransformation/bioconversion of biopharmaceuticals using microbes/enzymes (e.g. conversion of Colchicine to Colchicoside)
- New product development and Isolation of plant derived drugs in bulk level (Colchicine, Thiocolchicoside, connesine, etc)
- Semi-synthetic modification and structure elucidation of plant secondary metabolites using NMR, MASS, UV, IR, LC-MS and GC-MS spectroscopic techniques.
- Supported the production activities, assigned research projects, follow-up and guidance to subordinates
National Taiwan University (Graduate Institute of Food Science and Technology, TAIWAN) – Post-Doctoral Fellow – Sep’07-Jul’ 09 (2 years)
- Bioassay guided isolation of active compounds for Alzheimer’s disease from Traditional Chinese Medicines
- Development of new analytical methods for Chinese Medicines and food products using sophisticated chromatographic instruments, like HPLC, GC, LC-MS/MS, etc.
- Experience with in-vitro assay methodologies and cell culture techniques, (PC12, HepG2, Caco-2 cell lines, etc)
- Investigation of metabolites of food products after fermentation with GRAS bacteria/yeasts
- Documenting the research work in the international journals.
Sami Labs Limited (Organica Aromatics Pvt. Ltd) – (Bangalore, India, an Indian subsidiary of Sabinsa Corporation, New Jersey, USA) – Senior Scientist – Aug’06-Aug’ 07 (1 year)
- New product development which leads to flavor and fragrance
- Isolation and characterization of fragrance constituents from plant sources
- Synthesis and commercialization of fragrance materials
SPIC Pharmaceuticals Division(R&D Centre, Maraimalai Nagar, Chennai, India) – Senior Research associate – Apr’96-Jul’03 (7 years)
- Successfully developed and standardized 16 herbal formulations for various ailments
- More than 60 phytochemical markers were isolated, characterized and commercialized
- Involved in the investigations on the pharmacological and taxonomic applications of secondary metabolites and their role as Anti-HIV, Anti-HBV, Anti-HSV, antifungal agents (about 160 plants, 600 fractions were screened)
- Development of new analytical methods for herbal drugs and validation of methods using sophisticated liquid chromatographic instruments, like HPLC, GC, HPTLC etc.
- Semi-synthetic modification and structure elucidation of plant secondary metabolites so as to improve the activity against various ailments
- Seconded the preparation of SOPs, GMPs and GLPs related documents
Tamilnadu Dadha Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Quality Control Department, Chennai, India) – Quality Control Chemist – May’95-Mar’96 (1 year)
- Conducted chemical and Instrumental analyses of raw materials, in-process samples and finished products
- Involved in development and validation of analytical methods
Annamalai University (Annamalai Nagar, Tamilnadu, India) – Resource Person – May’94-Apr’95 (1 year)
Involved in the teaching of theoretical and practical chemistry to M.Sc. Chemistry students