- June 2002 to date: Scientist, Organic Chemistry section, National Institute of Interdisciplinary Science and Technology-NIIST(formerly Regional Research Laboratory) (CSIR), Trivandrum, Kerala, INDIA
- November 2000 to May 2002: Post-Doctoral Fellow, NPG Research Institute, 3540, 840 Main Campus Drive, Raleigh, NC-27606, USA. Research Director: Prof. (Dr.). Bert Fraser-Reid.
- May 2000-October 2000: Post-Doctoral Fellow, Molecumetics Institute, 2023 120th Avenue, Bellevue WA 98005-2199, USA.Project Director: Prof. (Dr.). Michael Kahn
- January 2000-April 2000: Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Organic Chemistry Division, Regional Research laboratory(CSIR), Trivandrum, Kerala, INDIA Supervisor: Dr. G. Vijay Nair
- November 1998 to October 1999: Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Tohoku University, Sendai, JAPAN. Supervisor: Prof. Yoshinori Yamamoto
- May 1993 to November 1998: Research Fellow and Research Associate, Regional Research Laboratory (CSIR), Trivandrum-19, Kerala, INDIA. Research Director: Dr. Vijay Nair
- December 1991 to April 1993: Research Assistant, Department of Chemistry, Christ College, Irinjalakuda, Kerala, INDIA.
Awards & Fellowships
- CRSI-2016 bronze medal in Chemistry
- Gold medallist in Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM) from University of Kerala in 2016
- MESACAA-UAE Excellence Award 2015 for outstanding contributions in the field of science and inspiring the young generation
- Excellent rating for Indo-French collaborative project with Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne, Reims, France
- Featured in the “TCI-India League of Extra Ordinary Chemists”
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Senior Research fellowship(1995-1998)
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Junior research fellowship(1993)
- Dr. M. P. Kochuvareethu memorial award for the student joined for M. Sc. Chemistry from Trichur district in the year 1989
- Dr. M. M. Chandy award for the best student in M.Sc. chemistry(1989-91) from Christ college, Irinjalakuda, Kerala, India
- All India lectureship awarded by University grants commission, New Delhi, India
- Prof. P. K. Mathew memorial award for the best student in B.Sc.Chemistry (1986-1989) from Christ college, Irinjalakuda, Kerala, India.
Thesis Supervision and Guidance
- Sixteen (16) students completed Ph.D.
- One (1) student completed M. Tech
- Fifty(50) students completed their MSc project work
- Seven (7) ongoing PhD Students
- Six (6) PhD Students (Co-guide)
- Four (4) project fellow
- One (1) Research Intern
- Papers published/in press in peer-reviewed international/national journals 90
- Book Chapters
- Patent: One US patent
CSIR OSDD Coordinator (Kerala)
- Thirty one (31) MSc. Students carried out their project work as part of CSIR-OSDD MSc outreach program.
Conducted one national symposium, two workshops and one training program
- One day symposium on “Recent Trends in Natural Product Chemistry”, on May 13, 2016, held at CSIR-NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram, jointly organized by CSIR-NIIST and CRSI Local Chapter, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- National Symposium on “Transcending Frontiers in Organic Chemistry (TFOC 2014)”, during October 9-11, 2014, held at CSIR-NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram, jointly organized by CSIR-NIIST and Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- “Frontiers in Organic Synthesis and Drug Discovery” during July 21-22, 2011 organized under Open Source Drug Discovery Program, jointly by CSIR-NIIST and Academy of Chemistry Teachers (ACT), Kerala.
- “Advances in Organic Synthesis and its Application in Drug Discovery during March1-2, 2012organized under Open Source Drug Discovery Program, jointly by CSIR-NIIST and Academy of Chemistry Teachers (ACT), Kerala.
- One day training program on “Insilico analysis of organic molecules for druggability and anti-mtbacitivityon 29th June 2012 at CSIR-NIIST, Trivandrum.