- Ph.D. (Engg.), CSIR – National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology CSIR, Trivandrum, (University of Kerala), 2002, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.
- M.Tech., National Institute of Technology (formerly KREC), Surathkal, 1996, Metallurgical Engineering
Area of Expertise
Composite Materials, Functionally Graded Materials, Nanomaterials, Light alloys, Surface Engineering, Centrifugal Casting and Advanced Materials Processing.
CSIR – National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology,
(Formerly Regional Research Laboratory) (CSIR), Trivandrum
- Senior Research Fellow – (Sept. 1996 – Mar. 2000)
- Research Associate – (Apr. 2000 – Jan 2003 )
- Principal Investigator – (Jan. 2003 – April 2005)
- Scientist – (since April 2005 – April 2009)
- Senior Scientist (April 2009 – to-date)
Patents & Publications
- Technical Papers – 86 Nos.
- Patents – 2 Nos.
- Book Chapter – 1
- Conference Presentations and Invited lectures – 68 Nos.
- Design and Development of aluminium alloy composites, functionally graded materials and their engineering components for aerospace, automotive and defence sectors.
- Wear and corrosion resistance coatings for metallic substrates.
- Development of a method for processing Functionally Graded Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites (patented IP 0903DEL2006).
- A process for synthesizing MgAl2O4 reinforced Al metal Matrix Composites (MMCs) using solid silica sources (patented IP 0767DEL2006)
- Design and fabrication of dual centrifugal casting machine for processing functionally graded materials.