Rajeev Kumar Sukumaran completed his masters and PhD in Biotechnology from the Department of Biotechnology, Cochin University of Science and Technology and joined Bigtec Pvt Ltd Bangalore, as Technical member in 2001. He then worked as Post doctoral fellow at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, on the Molecular immunology of type I diabetes and at the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of National University Hospital, Singapore on understanding the molecular cues of human embryonic stem cell pluripotency. He joined NIIST in November 2004 and is currently a scientist at the Centre for Biofuels, under the Biotechnology Division of NIIST. His current research interests are bio-ethanol from biomass, and the molecular biology of fungal beta-glucosidase expression.
- Msc –Biotechnology (1993-1995) – Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin 22, Kerala, India
- PhD- Biotechnology (1996-2000)-Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin 22, Kerala, India
- PG –Diploma in Bioinformatics (2001)– bigtec Pvt Ltd, Bangalore.
- 2001-2002: Member Technical –bigtec Pvt Ltd, Bangalore
- 2002-2003- NIH-Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Microbiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NewYork, NY 10029, USA
- 2003-2004 –Post Doctoral Fellow, Stem Cell Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National University Hospital, Singapore
- 2004 Nov onwards: Scientist, Biotechnology Division, National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, Trivandrum 695019, India