Publications (after joining CSIR-NIIST)
- Triple bond rigidified anthracene-triphenylamine sensitizers for dye-sensitized solar cells
M. Yoosuf, S. C. Pradhana, Suraj Soman,* K. R. Gopidas*
Solar Energy, 188, 2019, 55.
- Variation of the donor and acceptor in D–A–Pi–A based cyanopyridine dyes and its effect on dye sensitized solar cells
B Hemavathi, V Jayadev, Praveen C Ramamurthy, Ranjith Krishna Pai, Narayanan Unni KN, TN Ahipa,
Suraj Soman,* Geetha Balakrishna*
New Journal of Chemistry, 43, 2019, 15673.
- Indolo[3,2-b]indole donor-based D-?-A dyes for DSCs: investigating the role of ?-spacers towards recombination
P. V. Santhini, Jayadev V., Sourava C. Pradhan, Sivasankaran Lingamoorthy, Nitha P. R., Chaithanya M. V., Rakesh K. Mishra, Narayanan Unni K. N., Jubi John and Suraj Soman*
New J. Chem., 43, 2019, 862.
- Resurgence of DSCs with copper electrolyte: a detailed investigation of interfacial charge dynamics with cobalt and iodine based electrolytes
Sourava C Pradhan, Anders Hagfeldt, Suraj Soman*
Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 6, 2018, 22204.
- A detailed evaluation of charge recombination dynamics in dye solar cells based on starburst triphenylamine dyes
Manikkedath V Vinayak, Muhammed Yoosuf, Sourava C Pradhan, Thyagarajan M Lakshmykanth, Suraj Soman,* Karical R Gopidas
Sustainable Energy & Fuels, 2, 2018, 303.
- Probing Recombination Mechanism and Realization of Marcus Normal Region Behavior in DSSCs Employing Cobalt Electrolytes and Triphenylamine Dyes
Suraj Soman,* Sourava C Pradhan, Muhammed Yoosuf, Manikkedath V Vinayak, Sivasankaran Lingamoorthy, Karical R Gopidas
The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 122, 2018, 14113.
- Intramolecular Exciton-Coupled Squaraine Dyes for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
Takeshi Maeda, Tay V Nguyen, Yuki Kuwano, Xixi Chen, Kyohei Miyanaga, Hiroyuki Nakazumi, Shigeyuki Yagi, Suraj Soman, Ayyappanpillai Ajayaghosh*
The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 122, 2018, 21745.
- Aggregation induced light harvesting of molecularly engineered D-A-pi-A carbazole dyes for dye-sensitized solar cells
B Hemavathi, V Jayadev, Sourava C Pradhan, G Gokul, Kusuma Jagadish, GK Chandrashekara, Praveen C Ramamurthy, Ranjith Krishna Pai, KN Narayanan Unni, TN Ahipa, Suraj Soman,* R Geetha Balakrishna*
Solar Energy, 174, 2018, 1085.
- Enhancement of the photovoltaic performance in D3A porphyrin-based DSCs by incorporating an electron withdrawing triazole spacer
V. Nikolaou, A. Charisiadis, S. Chalkiadaki, I. Alexandropoulos, S. C. Pradhan, Suraj Soman,* M. K. Panda,* A. G. Coutsolelos*
Polyhedron, 140, 2018, 9.
- Fine tuning compact ZnO blocking layers for enhanced photovoltaic performance in ZnO based DSSC: a detailed insight using β recombination, EIS, OCVD and IMVS techniques
S. Swetha, Suraj Soman,* S. C. Pradhan, K. N. Narayanan Unni,* B. N. Nair, U. S. Hareesh*
New J. Chem., 41, 2017, 1007.
- Synthesis and isotope effects on the excited state properties of N-N bound [Ir(polypyridyl)2Cl2]PF6 complexes
Suraj Soman, Hamid M. Younis, Wesley R. Browne, Johannes G. Vos and Mary T. Pryce*
Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 47, 2017, 5598.
- Stibnite sensitized hollow cubic TiO2 photoelectrodes for organic-inorganic heterojunction solar cells
Ganapathy Veerappana, Kan Zhang, Suraj Soman, Nansra Heo, Jong Hyeok Park*
Solar Energy, 157, 2017, 434.
- Modulating FRET in Organic-Inorganic Nanohybrids and its Application for Photovoltaics/in Light Harvesting Applications
A. Gopi, S. Lingamoorthy, Suraj Soman,* K. Yoosaf,* R. Haridas, Suresh Das*
J. Phys. Chem. C., 120, 2016, 26569.
- Understanding Structure-Property Correlation of Metal Free Organic Dyes using Interfacial Electron Transfer Measurements
J. S. Panicker, B. Balan,* Suraj Soman,* V. C. Nair
Solar Energy, 139, 2016, 547.
- Thiophene-Bithiazole Based Metal-Free Dye as DSSC Sensitizer: Effect of Co-Adsorbents on Photovoltaic Efficiency
J. S Panicker, B. Balan*, Suraj Soman*, V. C. Nair
J. Chem. Sci., 128, 2016, 101.
- Effect of Recombination and Binding Properties on The Performance of Dye Sensitized Solar Cells Based on Propeller Shaped Triphenylamine Dyes with Multiple Binding Groups
M. V. Vinayak, T. M. Lakshmykanth, M. Yoosuf, Suraj Soman,* K. R. Gopidas*
Solar Energy, 124, 2016, 227.
- Strategies for Optimizing the Performance of Carbazole Thiophene Appended Unsymmetrical Squaraine Dyes For Dye Sensitized Solar Cells
Suraj Soman,* M. A. Rahim, S. Lingamoorthy, C. H. Suresh, Suresh Das*
Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 17, 2015, 23095.
- Molecular Systems for Solar H2: Path to a Renewable Future
Comments Inorg. Chem., 35, 2015, 82.
Publications before joining CSIR-NIIST (PhD & post-doc)
- Cyclometalated Sensitizers for DSSCs Employing Cobalt Redox Shuttles
Suraj Soman, Y. Xie, T. W. Hamann*
Polyhedron, 82, 2014, 139. (Accepted in special issue for Michael Grätzel)
- New Synthetic Pathways to the Preparation of Near-Blue Emitting Heteroleptic Ir(III)N6 Coordinated Compounds with Microsecond Lifetimes
Suraj Soman, J. C. Manton, J. L. Inglis, W. R. Browne, L. De Cola, J. G. Vos,* M. T. Pryce*
Chem. Commun., 50, 2014, 6461. (Listed as top ten highest downloaded papers in 2014)
- Wavelength Dependent Photocatalytic H2 Generation Using Iridium-Pt/Pd Complexes
Suraj Soman, G. S. Bindra, A. Paul, M. Schulz, D. Dini, C. Long, M. T. Pryce,* J. G. Vos*
Dalton Trans., 41, 2012, 12678.
- The Role of Bridging Ligand in Hydrogen Generation by Photocatalytic Ru/Pd Assemblies
G. S. Bindra, M. Schulz, A. Paul, Suraj Soman, J. L. Inglis, W. R. Browne, M. G. Pfeffer, S. Rau, B. J. MacLean, M. T. Pryce,* J. G. Vos*
Dalton Trans., 41, 2012, 13050.
- The Effect of Peripheral Bipyridine Ligands on the Photocatalytic Hydrogen Production Activity of Ru/Pd Catalysts
G. S. Bindra, M. Schulz, A. Paul, Suraj Soman, R. Groarke, J. Inglis, M. T. Pryce, W. R. Browne, S. Rau, B. J. Maclean, J. G. Vos*
Dalton Trans., 40, 2011, 10812.
- Reinvestigating 2,5-Di(pyridin-2-yl)pyrazine Ruthenium Complexes: Selective Deuteration and Raman Spectroscopy as Tools to Probe Ground and Excited-State Electronic Structure in Homo- and Heterobimetallic Complexes
M. Schulz, J. Hirschmann, A. Draksharapu, G. Singh Bindra, Suraj Soman, A. Paul, R. Groarke, M. T. Pryce, S. Rau, W. R. Browne, J. G. Vos*
Dalton Trans., 40, 2011, 10545.
- Photoinduced ligand isomerization in a pyrazine-containing ruthenium polypyridyl complex
Horn, H. M. Y. Ahmed, H. P Hughes, Suraj Soman, W. R. Browne and J. G. Vos*
Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences, 9, 2010, 985.
- Gokul G., Pradhan S.C., Soman S. (2019) Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells as Potential Candidate for Indoor/Diffused Light Harvesting Applications: From BIPV to Self-powered IoTs. In: Tyagi H., Agarwal A., Chakraborty P., Powar S. (eds) Advances in Solar Energy Research. Energy, Environment, and Sustainability. Springer, Singapore
- New Approaches for the Generation of Hydrogen from Water Using Visible Light, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Europe, STRIVE, 2013, ISBN: 978-1-84095-506-4.
- Building Comprehensive Networks to Address the Sustainable Energy Challenge with Focus on Rural India. ACS Energy Lett. 2017, 2, 2449?2451. [Report made as part of the workshop on Translating Clean Energy Research to Rural India was recently held at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Pune), Pune, India, September 4?8, 2017, which was jointly organized by the University of Edinburgh, U.K. and IISER Pune]
- Thermoresponsive Molecules for Controlled heat and Light Transmission Windows and Applications Thereof, Filed on December 18, 2019, Names of other inventors: Ayyappanpillai Ajayaghosh, Satyajit Das, Suraj Soman, Adersh Asok, Sreejith Shankar Pooppanal